1)B.Sc, degree of Bangalore University or any other University equivalent thereto with 50% marks in aggregate of all the three optionals. The applicant should have studied Chemistry/Biochemistry compulsorily as an optional subject along with atleast one of the following optional subjects- Microbiology, Biotechnology, Botany, Applied Botany, Zoology,Applied Zoology, Industrial Microbiology, Environmental Science, Genetics, Applied Genetics, Sericulture, Home Science, Life Science, Biological Science
2) Students who have passed B.Sc. Biotechnology /B.Sc.Biotechnology (intergrated) scored 50% marks in the aggregate provided they have studied Biochemistry as one of the papers.
3) Students who have passed B.Sc. Honours in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology or Biology are also eligible with 50% marks in aggregate of all the optional.
4)The following Graduates are also eligible (In absence of 1,2 and 3 above)with 50% marks in aggregate Bachelor in Agricultural Science, Bachelor in Dairy Sciences, Bachelor in Horticulture, Bachelor in Forestry, Bachelor in Fisheries, Bachelor in Pharmacy, Bachelor in Engineering (BioTechnology)
The course consist of 16 instructional papers and 8 practical papers spread over 4 semesters and an Industrial project in the final semester. During the second year of the course, the candidate shall undertake an educational study tour to visit industries and research institutions concerned with Biotechnology and submit a report on the same.
- Research Assistants at various government institutes and organisatons doing Research and Development
- Agriculture, Horticulture and Dairy firms
- Drug companies
- Cosmetics and Garment Industries. leather Industries.
- Oil refineries
- Teaching / Research